Thursday, July 16, 2015

Worship that Sticks (literally!)

A coworker of mine was sharing about some dolls she once saw made to look like pastors.  It sparked an idea for me that has been peculating for some time now and I finally have it completed and ready to share!

I began by asking the pastors and inter pastor to pose for me with their arms outstretched.  Somehow I managed to convince all three.  I then went around and took  pictures of various things children may notice in worship like the altar, the pulpit, the Christ candle, Communion chalice and paten, and so forth.  Using my computer, I cropped the photos to size to coordinate with one another and fit on a metal cookie sheet that I purchased at Walmart.  The photos were printed in color, trimmed, laminated, re-trimmed and backed with a magnetic strip.  Now children can play worship as they observe what is happening in front of them with their very own magnetic church play set!




No comments:

Post a Comment