Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Piece Be With You

My blog today isn't a how to worship with children so much as it is a why to worship with children.  The other day my two-year-old had gotten his hands on a box of crackers.  Not only did he manage to get into the box and dump many of the crackers out onto the counter, in typical toddler fashion, he was in the process of breaking the crackers into little pieces.  I was covering the space between the kitchen doorway and him to put a stop to these shenanigans when he looked at me with a sweet smile, offered a broken piece of cracker to me and said, "Piece be with you, Mom!"  I laughed and he stood there with his open hand, offering me peace with his piece of cracker.  "Piece be with you, Mom, eat it."  I took the broken cracker, and he leaned to kiss me and said again, "Piece, Mom, peace."

No comments:

Post a Comment