Thursday, July 9, 2015

Family of God

On Sunday, July 12th, we read the beginning of Paul's letter to the people of Ephesus.  Paul writes about God's love and our adoption into the family of God.  I knew I wanted to do something in the Seasonal Sensory table with people.  My first thought was to fill the table with some adorable multicultural counter people that I had when I taught preschool, similar to the rainbow colored counting bears that many people are familiar with.  Google, Amazon, and several other sources failed to find what I was looking for and I didn't want to drop money into something that wasn't what I wanted.  I considered re-purposing the little gingerbread figures from the healing service a couple weeks back, but couldn't find any darker paper to add to the diversity of the group.  I was really scratching my brain trying to think of just the right approach when it came to me.  Use real people.  Real faces of real people the children see every Sunday.  Use the children's faces too!  We had a photo church directory come out this year so I went to the office to get a spare copy.  I cut apart photo from photo, ran them through the laminator because these are something I can envision using more than once, trimmed one more time and viola!  A sensory table full of familiar faces to sort, count, compare and more with!  I added a sign that reads: "We are ALL part of God's family"

No comments:

Post a Comment