Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Why WOW?

God has been whispering in my ear for years to do ministry but in the meantime, I kept myself busy as a teacher and mother of 4 boys.  Having taught a little bit of everything, but really having early childhood on my heart, I bring a lot of gifts and ideas from the world of education with me into my ministry when I began to answer God's call to me in the spring of 2013.

Even with my background, I still found myself getting frustrated with my own children in worship.  In September 2014, my children were playing under the chairs at a family retreat during a Holden Evening prayer service.  I bent over to scold them but instead scolded myself.  Under the chairs, with a basket of flicker lights sat my 7 and 5 year old making a cross and having a worship service all their own.  It was then and there that I decided to be more intentional about not just bringing children to worship, but to find ways to help them fully participate in worship in meaningful, age-appropriate ways.


Join me on this journey as we together discover what it means to open our hearts, minds, sanctuaries and worship services to even the youngest of our worshipers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment